If a guest has been “pinged” by a Covid-19 contact tracing app they should follow the guidance from the app on what to do next.
If you are “pinged” by a Covid-19 contact tracing app you will be advised to take a PCR test as soon as possible.
After the 16th August, you are exempt from needing to self-isolate if contacted by Test & Trace (and do not test positive) in England, Scotland or Wales if you are:
- Fully vaccinated (as long as you had your final dose of a vaccine 14 days prior to coming in to contact with a positive case)
- Below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- You have taken part in or are currently part of an approved covid-19 vaccine trial
- You are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
As the UK adult population has now all been offered the chance of a vaccination we hope that the majority of our guests will be able to travel as long as they do not test positive for Covid-19 themselves. (If you test positive, please see our FAQ on what to do if you test positive before your holiday is due to begin.)
However, we understand that some guests may not wish to travel (even if they are legally allowed to do so) if they have been pinged by the tracing app.
Therefore if someone is pinged by the tracing app after the 13th September 2021 they will have the following options available to them:
- Travel to the holiday as planned (as long as you meet the government exemptions on self-isolation as set out above).
- Request a transfer of your holiday dates. This will be discussed and need to be approved by the property owner and subject to an amendment fee.
- Amend your party so that the affected individual does not travel.
If being pinged by the tracing app means you or your party are unable to travel or you do not wish to travel, you should contact our customer services team immediately to discuss the above options or request a transfer of your booking via your online account.
Not contacting our customer services team immediately may limit the options you have available.
Please note, the above options will all be available if you contact us more than 72 hours prior to your departure date. If you contact us within 72 hours, not all of the options listed above may be available to you.
You can find out more information about test and trace for England on the UK government website here. The Scottish government website here or the Welsh government website here.